Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!


I finally decided on my Halloween costume...but not until yesterday!

Luckily, everything worked out perfectly, and I didn't have to pay a dime for my outfit because I simply borrowed it.

The Plan:

Laura, Kristen and I got ready at my apartment before going to a Halloween Party at a bar nearby. I had fun meeting new people at the party and witnessing some extremely interesting costumes (and people...), but the most enjoyable part of the evening was realizing what wonderful friends I already do have.

Doing our makeup and getting ready together made me miss living in the sorority house so much. I miss having dozens of fashion experts around to help me put together an outfit. My original version of my costume had a turtle neck and leggings with flats, and no pinning to the costume...the definition of "frumpy." Thankfully, Laura helped alter the costume to make it a bit more sexy youthful and Kristen helped to secure my "hat". Here is the end result:




Here we are, ready to go!



To start the night out pleasantly, I left my phone in the cab after getting dropped off at our destination. I was so afraid that was a bad sign for how the evening would end up, but we simply had the same cab pick us up to go home and everything was fine (and sadly, I had no missed calls/texts for the entire 5 hours we were in the party...sad! haha). Side note: Our driver's name was LaMan...I translate that to mean "The Man" in some foreign language, and I find that hilarious.

The party was a lot of fun. We got to dance and meet new people. And I dealt with people "spinning" my hat all night...and then threatening to touch me in awkward places.

When we got home we laughed hysterically telling stories about the evening and recapping all the randomness of the night! Our sleepover was so much fun, and I am so lucky to have these girls in my life. =)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Ditto :)

Kari Mac said...

So cute! Love the costume! My last-minute costume was way lame... I threw on a witch hat and my black new years eve dress I wore in Nashville. haha. But I made new friends, too! Looks like it was a successful night for both of us! :)

MIML said...

yay for new friends!! who knew your new years dress could also be doubled as a halloween costume hahaha :)