Monday, November 9, 2009

Random Thoughts...


  • I had an AMAZING weekend at home! Every time I go down there, I come back feeling so rejuvinated (maybe because I sleep like a rock in the comfort of my parents' home) and grateful for the blessings in my life.
  • On Friday, we went for a birthday dinner at my favorite restaurant. I said I was too full dessert, but mom ordered me some to go....she knows me too well. I was digging into the dessert even before I opened gifts when we got home! Funny how I can always find room in my stomach for sweets...I'm convinced I store dessert in a separate part of my belly.
  • My mom allowed me to open my birthday presents early since I'll be up here on my actual birthday. My jaw dropped to the floor when I opened these gorgeous earrings:

I pretty much haven't removed them since I got 'em!
  • She also gave me a beautiful single pearl necklace, several new cookbooks to try, and an Excel Book for Dummies (apparently, I talk about work a lot...)
  • My brother made me laugh by giving me a card in spanish...he's so random! I'm assuming the card said Happy Birthday, but the words he wrote in it were so sweet they brought tears to my eyes. I miss him so much.
  • I've been learning the words to my new Carrie Underwood CD as well...I just love her! I think her voice compliments mine well in the car =)

...not to mention, she's stunning!
  • I took a spinning class for the second time tonight, and I LOVED it! I may be addicted to these workouts. They are so hard, but really get the endorphins pumping =)
  • I probably should have taken the class 3 times over today because I can't count on one hand how many pieces of leftover Halloween candy I ate at my desk today....good grief, I have zero self control around chocolate!
  • I got two birthday cards in the mail today!! I am trying to practice self control in this area of my life, and I am not letting myself open them until Wednesday so that I have something to open that day. I can tell one card is holding a gift card, so it's making it more difficult to wait....
  • Sorry this post is all about BIRTHDAY stuff...it's just as exciting as I remember! Only 1 more day!!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Ummm...I love those earrings! Who are they by???

MIML said...

thanks!! me too :)

david yurman

MJ said...

That's what I thought!