Sunday, November 15, 2009

Surprise!!!


Upon arriving at my friend's house on Saturday night, I was surprised by 6 of my best friends from college in town for the evening!

I could not have asked for a better birthday present! :)

We started out the night with dinner & wine at Mitchell's Fish Market, one of my favorite restaurants in town {where I felt extremely grown up...as we were all sipping wine and discussing our work lives}.

The food was delicious! "Best meal I've ever had"...as Kari some people would say. As this was a joint birthday celebration, we got THREE free desserts...7 Layer Carrot Cake {tdf}, Ice Cream Pie {also delish}, and a Java Lava Molten Chocolate Cake {my favorite dessert ever...}. Needless to say, this sweet tooth was in hog heaven.

Here's a picture of the Happy Birthday Girls:


The size of my smile could be directly related to the size of my dessert. I'm just sayin'...

The entire group at dinner:



Enjoying the city skyline:



I didn't stop laughing all night as we caught up on stories about our lives, reminisced about old ones, and made even more lasting memories.

We ended up at a very random bar full of very interesting people. Very entertaining to say the least! As my dad has always said, "It's not where you are, it's who you're with." No matter where I am with these friends, I have a wonderful time.

To my amazing friends ~ Thank you for the fabulous surprise! I only hope you had as much fun as I did! I miss you guys every day, and cherish the times when we are all together again. No matter where life takes us, when we are with each other it feels like no time has passed. I believe that is a sign of lasting friendship. I love you all!

2 comments:

Krista said...

It was so fun! and the pictures turned out very cute. Now instead of talking about sorority gossip(although we squeezed that in too) we're talking about healthcare and 401(k) plans...our group of friends has made a smooth transition :)

Get pics of the Christmas tree. Guess that means you'll have to decide on some ornaments...

MIML said...

i suppose the next step is developing a good work life balance! haha

p.s. glad you figured out how to post :)