Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Be Happy


Although it is usually always hard for me to get out of bed in the morning, once I'm up I really enjoy my morning routine.

Depending on what time I wake up, I either go to the gym and work out next to Mr. Hot Boy that doesn't know I exist and then come back and watch the Today Show {love it} while I get ready, or I listen to Chris Carr & Co. on the radio {so funny} when I need to go into work early.

Top this off with my morning latte, and it puts me in a pretty good mood.

People must think I'm crazy as I laugh hysterically out loud during my entire drive in to work...interrupted by occasionally singing along to music.

I am then greeted by friendly workers at my parking garage. Every day, they smile and genuinely say "good morning." They all know me by name, and when I'm running a bit late and they see my car pull into the garage they hold the shuttle for me so that I don't have to walk in the cold.

If these guys can exude happiness every day, despite driving a shuttle in circles over and over, I can choose to be happy as well.

I do have so much to be thankful for, and life is better with a smile :)

2 comments:

MJ said...

This post made me smile :)

Who is Mr. Hot Boy?!?!

Krista said...

ahhh...I need a new funny post from you Miss Spero. Hope you had a good weekend.
love you!