Sunday, March 21, 2010

Refuse to Lose


I have more to come about this unbelievable weekend that is coming to an end...but I believe it is important to first pay tribute to the CATS after an amazing game last night {Kansas - not so lucky - WOW!}


We had a high school reunion of sorts last night and I got to enjoy watching the UK Game with three of the largest fans {Mags, AJ, and B} in all of the Big Blue Nation. I know I'm not on their level and I don't claim to be, but they have opened my eyes to the following items.

I completely adore this year's team. If you haven't read this touching story about what a fun-loving group of boys this is, you must check it out.

The "Freshman Quartet" are the sweetest group of friends {and pretty good at playing ball ;) }. The close relationship between Bledsoe, Cousins and Wall tugs at my heartstrings. There is nothing like feeling so comfortable with each other and getting along together so well on and off the court. What a college experience. You must watch this video ~ I'm obsessed with their "swagger."

For me, the final heartthrob on the team is Mr. Krebs ~ UK Senior who doesn't get much play time, but whose positive attitude and lightheartedness are loved by all. His final 3 point shot {to blow Wake Forest out of the water by 30 points} brought happy tears to my eyes. He sounds very thankful to be a part of the tradition that is Kentucky Basketball, and he brings humor to the bench. Check out this hilarious impression of his teammates {you MUST wait until 1:04 of this clip ~ you'll die laughing. I did. About 12 times already}. Who knew this quiet student in my business classes had such humor!?

Don't even get me started on our coach. Cal is so eloquent with his words. Completely on top of his game. Love him.
calipari-allegations.jpg 


GO CATS! Continue to Refuse to Lose!

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I am so proud of this wonderful post! I'm so happy my obsession is wearing off on you. I am also happy that someone enjoys the Mark Krebs video as much as I do. When I got home from your house I spent the next 3 hours watching the Wake Forest game again, reading articles, and watchiing youtube highlights. Yes, I love my cats. Can't wait for your next post about the weekend.

Krista said...

LOVED all the videos! haha and I am slightly obsessed with Krebs, so cute and nice!! (don't tell tyler :)

I had fun with you this week!!

Jesse said...

NOT FAIR! I told you about that P.F. Changs story too..this was before I fell asleep and drooled on Anthony and Chelseas couch