Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Packed House


Ok, off topic but I need to get something off my chest. What is Miley doing on Idol!? She is 17. She isn't even old enough to vote. And she is on here to give advice to each contestant? I like a little "Party in the USA" as much as the next girl, but I am a little shocked she is the "icon" they've brought on this week...shouldn't she earn some credibility first...maybe reach her 21st birthday...I'm just sayin'...

And now...speaking of Party in the USA...let's talk about this past weekend.

Three of my best friends {since high school ~ surprising how long ago that was, time flies!} came up to visit me. The apartment is definitely not made to house this many people, but I LOVE constantly being surrounded by friends. We made it work and had a blast {thank you girls, for being so flexible with your sleeping arrangements}!

 Notice the skinny jeans I'm wearing...what a good "investment" :)

On Friday night we went to dinner with Cincinnati friends and then out for a while. I never go out anymore, and it was so much fun to dance the night away like old times! Thank goodness we found a bar with rap music. I was worried the night was taking a turn for the worst when my friends explicitly stated they wanted to "twirk it" and we were listening to a live band play OAR songs on repeat. 


But, alas, we found a bar that offered rap music galore {as well as the occasional stripper pole ~ why are they so common in the bars in this town!?}


Ha! Look how uncomfortable I look in my cardigan. The cardigan collector strikes again. Note to self: Cardigans should not be worn in the bar. While attempting to get jiggy with it. And heaven forbid while hoping to have some sex appeal.

Saturday was spent relaxing, shopping, and celebrating a UK win. A gracious friend from HS and his wife invited us over for pizza and the game. What a great game and what a great couple. Thanks again for having all of us!

It is always bitter-sweet when my weekend guests leave. I am left feeling so lucky to have such amazing friends, yet so sad that I don't get to spend time with them more often. For this reason, I choose to believe the old saying that "distance makes the heart grow fonder."

4 comments:

krista said...

haha! It was so much fun! This whole thing made me laugh. see you again soon :)

Shannon said...

I love you girls! Wish I could have been there...and I think a cardigan is appropriate ANY time :)

Anthony Jones said...

we had so much fun with y'all! thanks for squeezing us into your busy weekend. we're so glad you came.

jesse said...

Oh my gosh, I love those pictures!! It was so much fun, I couldn't stop talking about it all week and considering I work by myself that's a big deal! I can't wait to see you again soon.