Monday, March 29, 2010

The Fat Girl Fall


Today it was raining really hard on my way in to work. I hate the rain.

The lobby was therefore very wet {and apparently very slippery}. 

I made a grand entrance by sliding across the tile face first. 

Even the security guard {who normally does not even return my polite "goodmornings"} came to tell me I should go see the nurse.

The worst part is I was walking with a guy on my team. Totally have to see him everyday.

Although my knee is severely bruised, I didn't spill my latte. Totally saved the precious cargo ~ thereby making this a "Fat Girl Fall."

So graceful. So terribly embarrassing. And quite painful.

4 comments:

Krista said...

haha i've replayed this in my head so many times since you told me yesterday! I'm hoping the way I imagine it is more dramatic than it actually was! So embarrassing! At least now you'll have a "Most Embarrassing Moment" when people ask that dreaded question...

Shannon said...

Hey, It could have been a lot worse! You could have spilled your latte, gotten a bloody nose and broken your arm! But I am hoping you at least made a joke when it happened... Thats what my team does at work. We just make fun of ourselves and joke about our insecurities. Probably not healthy but better than never talking about it again!

Hope you have a good Tuesday! : )

Anthony Jones said...

hahaha ames i feel so bad for you, but that is a hilarious story that you will tell forever.

Unknown said...

haha! Ditto what Krista said! I can't imagine this actually happening to you, but I'm sure you made the fall very graceful! :)