Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Random Ramblings



  • It was brought to my attention this weekend that I suffer from a tragic disease of sorts. An undeniable, unrelenting sweet tooth.  I believe it's hereditary {from my Mom's side of the family}, but seriously how on earth do I cure it!? I cannot resist sweets, especially around all this delicious Easter candy {in particular ~ Cadberry Cream Eggs and Starburst Jelly Beans}, frozen yogurt, and Girl Scout Cookies. Yummmm-yum!
http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/chocolate_chip-cookies.jpg 
{Image Here} 
  • Also on the topic of food, I know this is gross, but my apartment smells like vegetables constantly {funny because I know I eat more chocolate than I do veggies}. Does anyone have any tips on how to make my disposal stop smelling funny?! Suggestions seriously needed.
  • Tomorrow is St. Patty's day ~ I'm guessing it's unacceptable to pinch the Prez if he forgets to wear green ;)

{Image of the Chicago River on St. Patrick's Day found on Wikipedia. How cool is this?!}
  • I'm getting very annoyed with my DVR lately. Although I have series of shows set to record {eh-em, Desperate Housewives I love you}, it is not working and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Have any of you had this issue? It literally has an "X" through the show recording and won't give me any other options.
  • Since I can't watch DVR, I've been forced to watch part of American Idol tonight. How do you all feel about Ellen as a judge this season? I haven't watched this season much because the show just doesn't do it for me like it used to, but I do adore Ellen.
  • Have you filled out your NCAA bracket? Obvi, I'm betting UK all the way!

Go cats!
  • I finally broke down and invested in my first pair of skinny straight leg jeans and I cannot get enough of them. They are the most comfortable pair of jeans I own now and I feel so stylish. How did I not come across these things sooner!?


Citizens of Humanity 'Ava' Straight Leg Stretch Jeans (Faith Wash)
 
{Citizens of Humanity "Amber" found online here.}
  • Last week I was invited to a "game night" with some friends in the area. I haven't laughed as hard as I did that night in a very, very long time. It was hilarious and all week I have been wishing I could go again, but it is hosted every other Thursday night so I will have to wait. Although I completely embarrassed myself by failing to describe "Larry Bird" and "Shawn White," I would definitely feel comfortable showing my face in front of these people again because they were the most welcoming, accepting group of people I've met in the city.
  • And finally, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing my BFF while she is home this week and spending a weekend with some beloved high school friends. So cool that we are all such good friends despite the very different paths our lives our leading us in at the moment. 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comment!!!

p.s. You have a new follower! Have a great night!

shannon said...

I love how you prompt your readers to comment with bold! I tried to call you tonight. Sounds like you were watching Ellen. That's okay. I haven't gotten to watch her yet. I will try you again tomorrow. : )

Krista said...

Can't you disposal a lemon or something like that to help the smell?? That's the only thing I can think of. Give stupid Time Warner a call...so annoying. I love that the picture is actually the 5 of us that will be here! haha SB 09 room reunited...

Anthony Jones said...

1. Your sweet tooth almost caused a failure to honor lent!
2. Shove oranges down the disposal.
3. I'm tired of seeing people not honor St. Pat. Of course the prez should be pinched.
4. Hooray for game night!!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see you this weekend. Also, I am a huge American Idol fan and I love Ellen so I guess she is doing good this season. I am just bummed because I don't like this season as much as usual. I think you need to call and get that DVR fixed I could not live without mine. See you very soon and I need major help with my blog please!

PS- I am very jealous about your game nights you are having you know how much I love playing games!

Chelsea said...

I agree with everything AJ said :)

Jesse said...

I want to be tan again!!!!!! ahh, the background is so beautiful it looks like we are copied and pasted into this pic