Wednesday, February 24, 2010

New Hair Did


Warning: I'm about to be transformed into one of those creepy bloggers that takes photos of themselves and posts them like people actually care. Let's assume this is another outcome of me living alone.

I got my haircut after work today by my adorable hairdresser {thanks for the reco, Southern Charm}. I usually have such a difficult time finding someone who can control my unbelievably thick hair and work a straightener through my curly locks cut and style my hair the way I like, but Monica has definitely won me over.

She is one of those stylists you can go in and list things you don't like about yourself/your hair and she somehow creates a way to minimize those flaws...aka read my mind.

For fun, she showed me how to style my hair in a "flirty" new way.

{Here they come...my first narcissistic blog photos....}

 
 
{...but for real, I think the curls are presh!} 

With my confidence running high, I decided to hit up "single's night" at Kroger. {What an exciting night...bet you're getting jealous by this point...ha!}

There is a rumor around town {that I admit is silly, but secretly wish it would materialize for me} that the grocery by my house is the best place for singles to pick up a date. 

Everyone agrees on this

However, no one can agree on which night of the week is "Single's Night"...I've heard Tuesday AND Wednesday. 

And there are conflicting messages about the "Single Signal." By either putting Diet Cokes OR Canteloupe {both equally random and neither has worked for me yet} in your cart, you're apparently giving off "the vibe" and inviting others to ask you on a date. 

This week I covered all bases...went to the grocery two nights in a row, and loaded my cart with the aforementioned goods. No Luck Tonight... 

No, No! Don't worry. It's nothing wrong with me. It's all these mixed messages around the event. Once the grocery gets this cleared up, I'm sure my social calendar will be exploding.

Until then, I am choosing to distract myself by baking Chocolate Chip Banana Bread to bring in to work tomorrow. At least I'm the favorite employee among the 50 somethings I work with! :)

9 comments:

Kari Mac said...

your hair is sooo cute!! i'll give you $5 if you can recreate the curls :) that's the one thing i hate about getting my hair done, i can never make my hair look as cute as the hair dresser does!

props for making the effort at Kroger! I wonder if there is a "singles" kroger in Columbus..? I did hear of one that has wine tasting nights!

Kari Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MJ said...

Hysterical. You are sooo funny.

The new 'do is adorable! I wish my hair had enough texture to hold a style like that!

And I wonder if there is a single's Kroger in Lex? I always notice a lot of guys shopping by themselves, but I didn't know there were signals I should be giving off (except for not wearing "I have a bf/husband" jewelry).

Kari Mac said...

p.s. what size curling iron was used to create your new 'do??

Krista said...

Okay, LOVE the new hair. I'm glad you liked, you must love this woman. Takes a lot for you to like the style right from the salon :)

I'm with Kari...$5 if you can re-create the curls!!

haha Kroger's singles night is hilarious and a fabulous idea if they could figure out when it actually is! You never know who/where you'll meet someone. Gotta get out there :)

Shannon Spivey said...

Looks AWESOME! I love it... I'll add to the pot $10 dollars if you can re-create those curls in your hair AND mine! I need a makeover!

Love you girl!

MIML said...

thanks for all the compliments!! :)

and i'm definitely going to try to prove you doubters wrong by recreating the look...sounds like $20 is on the line!

kari - it was a 1" iron...

Mama Smors said...

I am loving the hair!!! AND I can't wait to hear about all your dates that explode from going to Kroger's single night. It is definitely a lot classier than picking up a guy at a bar!!! Cheers to you finding the love of your life on the frozen food isle.

MIML said...

sarah ~ that one liner definitely made me laugh! haha what a story we could tell about falling in love amongst frozen peas and hot pockets :)