Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where Am I?


Directions: Try THIS, and then read below.

Ever since I started working, I've been a little self-conscious of my geography skills. Fellow co-workers talk about crazy countries that I didn't even know existed, what beaches in Turkey are the nicest, why Brussels {is that a country? or a city?} is an "easy" place to live, etc...

And I smile {it's what I do best} politely. Until I can google what the heck they're talking about.

Then my grandmother sent me this above link. And lowered my confidence another couple of points. 

I guess before I attempt to conquer the world {in terms of geography, that is}, I first need to start on common ground...I scored a whopping 82% on this "Know Your States" quiz...pretty low for living in the same country my entire life. 

New England States...a total blur. 

I swear, Tennessee was to the right of Kentucky last time I referenced a map. Aren't they both in the "deep south" ;)

And the worst part...I placed Ohio left of Illinois. I cannot get in my head where this silly state is supposed to be amongst the vast Land of Liberty. 
  
Where am I? I'm not exactly sure, but please come visit if you can find me.

So, how do you compare? Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Could you pass elementary school Geography?!


3 comments:

Krista said...

haha well you did better than me! I got a 78%! You know all the states in the West...me, NO IDEA where the heck colorado or utah go!

MJ said...

I haven't tried it yet (good thing...otherwise I'd feel obligated to share my score). But I will say that the states and capitals was the only test I've ever failed in my entire life. Fourth grade, Mrs. French's class. So if I get over a 50% I'll be happy!!!

Unknown said...

Uhhh I did horrible as well. I got about the first 6 wrong and then Jesse took over and totally kicked my butt. I'm like Krista...NO CLUE about the states in the West, or the New England area for that matter!