Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Bare Essentials


There has been a major struggle going on between my inner germaphobe and my {recent} tighwad instinct

Everyday as I literally scratch my face with the dirty, worn out bristles of my makeup brush {see below}, I think to myself: "Hey OCD, you might want to splurge on new brushes soon."

And the cheapster thinks back: "Are you serious?! Brushes are so expensive for no reason."


{Ew. Sick. Sick. This is the exact same brush - old stiff one on left, new luxurious beauty on right}

Well this weekend I gave in. I went to the Bare Minerals store only for new foundation, and left with much more. I made a new "friend" with the sales associate, and {as I usually do when someone lets me out into public} started making small talk with her. She quickly informed me I've been using incorrect makeup brushes all along...

Apparently, my blush brush is supposed to be angled...my foundation brush is only suitable for "light" coverage...you're supposed to have a separate brush blush and warmth brush, mixing is a sin....and on and on...

I decided then and there I needed to whip my makeup routine into shape. However, I must have given off a chincy vibe because my friend gave me $10 off for no reason and she gave me 2 weeks worth of samples of a primer for my foundation! She just said she liked me! {Add her to the list of friends found here}

Folks, get yourself some fresh brushes if you haven't done so in a while. My morning routine was exceptionally enjoyable today!

And needless to say, I will also be splurging for brush cleaner more often as well.

1 comments:

Krista said...

This made me laugh! I am about to b completely out of foundation...what the heck am I going to do then! I just don't have to time to make a trip to the mall because they are never quick! It takes forever to get there and I get distracted...I hope you have a good week!