Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Day in the Life


Please refer to the following regular occurances in my life. I'm not sure whether to feel slightly embarrassed that my life is so lame or flattered that after many "run-ins" I'm apparently memorable. Or maybe this shows my resulting loneliness caused by living alone...I get too chatty with strangers when I leave the house and enter civilization. Either way, I enjoy having all these new {friends}.
  • As mentioned multiple times before, the shuttle driver l-o-v-e-s me. The day he started giving me suckers I was concerned. And then he asked me on a date. No words.
  • The security guard at work generously gives me free cookies on Fridays. When the bakery in the lobby closes, he gets to take home all the leftovers. I'm so honored to get some of his loot.
  • The cashier at the Panera across the street knows my order. She tells me if I get there as they close she'll give me free bread.
  • Starbucks also knows me as a regular....but I confuse them by alternating between a Caramel Latte and a Pumkin Spice Chai...so tricky.
  • Whenever I go to Kroger, the pharmacist yells hello to me by name when I pass by the counter. Thank goodness he only asks about my healing UTI or how I liked his recommended gyno when I come within a 4 foot radius of the pharmacy.
  • The workers at Banana Republic know that I love to look around and rarely make a purchase. And on the off chance I convince myself to spend money, they've caught on to the fact that there's a high chance I'll return. I'm queen of returns. Sad that they have started asking, "Is this an exchange?" instead of "Did you find everything ok?" ha...oops! At least I follow their 30 day return policy.
  • {Sadly, no stories of my "friends" at the gym...haven't been there in two weeks.}
At this rate, this place will feel like home in no time...

2 comments:

Krista said...

Thank goodness you're back. That's all I have to say. Sooo funny :)

Kari Mac said...

I wonder what would happen if I came to visit. That would put your new "friends" to the real test!! :)