Monday, October 12, 2009

Dinner Date


Don't get too excited..my date was not with a boy.

However, it was with a new friend, which in my book is equally as exciting.

I was invited by a girl at work to come to her apartment and eat with her and her roommate. I was really looking forward to it and beyond impressed with her cooking skills! She cooked Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Grape Tomatoes and Zuchinni Orzo topped off with Pumpkin Pie for dessert~so fancy! And it was delicious! Inspired by the pumpkin pie dessert, we decided we are going to make our own Thanksgiving meal. One of the girls is from Guatemala, so she has never had an official Thanksgiving dinner. I feel it is my duty to introduce her to my true loves, stuffing and sweet potato casserole. Forget the turkey. We are sticking strictly to side dishes - bring on the carbs.

Although all three of us work for the same company, we are all in completely opposite departments...from IT to Finance to Consumer Knowledge. It was nice to meet them outside of work and to hear about their experiences with work so far. They began working the same time as me, and seem to be adjusting really well.

I'm so glad I went over for dinner, and I can't wait to hang out with them again soon!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you fun at dinner and yay for new friends :)