Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day at the Races


I may have gotten the best deal ever. Yesterday, through a group of "young professionals" that I am a member of, we took a big trip to Keeneland Horse Track for a day of trying to stay warm, tailgating, betting and fun.




For only $45, we were served breafast (Bruegger's Bagels-my favorite!), lunch (which was terrible and made me very grateful that I ate the entire bagel), and dinner, all you can drink, transportation on charter busses there and back, a tailgate (with flipcup and cornhole), admission to the track, and an afterparty once we got back home! Although I didn't bet on any races, I think I came home a definite winner.

The five of us signed up for the trip together hoping to meet new people in the area. What better way than being stuck on a bus for hours?!



I'm so grateful for my friendship with Laura. I may go crazy up here without her constant optimism.



As an added bonus, I also got to see sorority sisters who were having a separate tailgate. I miss them every. day.




0 comments: