Friday, August 21, 2009

Workin' on my fitness


Somehow I managed to gain enough motivation to go to the gym after work today for the 5th time in a row this week! Friday workouts usually never happen because by Wednesday the end of the week all I can think about is catching up on much needed sleep. However, this week was different. For the first time since I've started working, I felt energetic and even somewhat productive at work. I refuse to admit that working out actually does give you more energy. That would mean I should work out more often, and let's be honest, that's probably not going to happen.

I took a weight training class today, but that is not the point of this story. After the class, as everyone was putting away their equipment, a fellow "classmate" came up to me. I've met her during previous classes, and she has been coming to this gym for over 6 years. This is the first time people at this gym have been mildly friendly or talkative...something I've been adjusting to because people from the south are much more sweet and welcoming. This woman asked how old I was and said that during her workout today, she realized how perfect I would be for her son who is my age. Apparently her son has been single since February, and I am her ideal perfect girlfriend for him.  She was very nice, and even admitted that this was random/strange of her to do. She said she was going to bring her son to next week's weight class to meet me, but thankfully promised she wouldn't say anything to him in advance.

I guess I'm flattered. She said that I am an attractive and friendly young lady. Now the pressure is on. I always get very self conscious in these situations because after thinking hard about how this guy looks, I suddenly realize he is also going to be judging me. No expectations, but maybe this could be a new friend in the area! Only time will tell... All I know as of now is that pizza for dinner sounds delicious. I do deserve it after all this time spent at the gym!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you really believe she isn't going to say anything to her son in advance? AL