Saturday, August 29, 2009

TOP 10 things I LOVED about college:



1. Going out every Thursday night and knowing over half of the people in the bar. Dancing like no one is watching me. Only paying $5 for all you can drink for the night. And when they kick us out at closing time, being able to simply walk home.

2. Not having any obnoxious obligations class until after 10am...only four days a week...Fridays were for doing nothing/shopping/resting after Thursday night.

3. Baking giant chocolate chip cookies the size of my face with our house mother in the sorority house. Even though we weren't supposed to be allowed in the kitchen. She had her favorites =)

4. Recruitment. 150 girls living under one roof provides an opportunity for lots of drama, but also for many hilarious memories. You get to know each other on a whole new level. Love it. And when it's all over and we set a record for recruiting the largest pledge class in the school's history, it feels so rewarding!  

5. Football Season. Period. Tailgating, dressing up, pretending to understand the game, the random things that go on afterwards, and always ending up at the same bar...

6. Enjoying Snow Days locked up in the sorority house playing card games and eating hot tamales until we couldn't feel our tongues anymore because they were on fire. Then, even though our tongues were raw, our house mom would make homemade hot chocolate and we'd drink that as well...usually resulting in burns to the mouth. But so delicious...she topped it with marshmallow fluff and a chocolate covered peppermint stick...mmmm!

7. Teaching a freshman orientation class and having all the clueless freshman look up to me and come to me with innocent questions and worries about college.

8. Wasting time in the TV room...but there were always at least 5 other people in there wasting time as well, so I never felt that bad about being lazy and catching up on gossip. The Ellen Show was a house fav...we watched it every day before being served dinner at 5pm like we were living in a retirement home, not on a college campus. The food was always delicious and I ate too much of it though, so I can't complain!

9. Gaining leadership experience through the many opportunities provided on campus. I learned more being President, working with others to manage all the girls in the sorority than I did in any single class.

10. Giving campus tours as a guide at the school Visitor Center. I loved meeting all the soon-to-be freshman and helping them make the important decision of where to go to college. It also provided many other opportunities...like being in school photo shoots for promotional material, traveling to school college fairs, and meeting many interesting people....which eventually led to being invited on the best ski trip I've ever been on ;)

There are so many other things I love and miss about school. I can't wait until I can make a list about this next stage of my life because good and exciting times should be coming soon!

0 comments: