Thursday, August 27, 2009

Success in the kitchen!


I committed to cooking, and I did it...and it was actually delicious! Last night I made an Indonesian Pasta that had asparagus and red peppers in it. It tasted similar to Thai noodles, which I LOVE!

Plus, with the extra asparagus, I made this Tangy Asparagus recipe to eat with my meal tonight:

2 lbs. fresh asparagus
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp dried crushed red pepper

Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cook in boiling water to cover 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain. Arrange asparagus in 13x9" dish.

Whisk together olive oil and next 4 ingredients until well blended; pour over asparagus. Cover and chill 8 hours. Drain before serving.

I have been wanting to try this recipe for a while now, but it takes preparation because it needs to chill for 8 hours. It was worth it though, I highly recommend! =)

0 comments: