Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect


Ever since I moved into my own place, I have been threatening to do something other than heat a baked potato cook real meals. I really want to be a good cook, but I have yet to find the motivation to get started practicing. When I cook large recipes, I tend to eat larger portions...not good! Plus, by the time I get home from work, I just want to eat because I'm starving.

Tonight, me and a friend cooked homemade spinach and chicken enchiladas. They were ok. For tomorrow night, I have planned to make a pasta recipe from this amazing cookbook I got as a gift before I moved. The book lists nutrition facts for every item in it, and it gives very good directions as to how to make the dish for beginners like me. There are also references in the front and back that have food equivalents and the definition for a lot of unfamiliar cooking terms.

I figure if I plan ahead to cook and have the ingredients ready, I will have a higher chance of following through. Wish me luck! Now, if only I had someone to share my meal with...anyone interested? ;)

0 comments: