Wednesday, June 16, 2010

awkward.


I love little awkward moments. They're just so funny.

For example: The Side Hug.

Saying "What?" so many times you just give up ~ and then respond with a completely nonsensical answer. 

And, you guessed it, the Who-the-Heck-Are-You? Wave.

 This wave says: "Hi? I think?"

You know, when you see someone waving. Wave back hesitantly. And then shamefully realize this stranger wasn't in fact waving to you at all {duh, why would they be?!}. The girl behind you is her BFF. Burn.

The ghetto-fab: "Hey Girl, is that you?"

I always thought that it was awkward being the "middleman" in this situation. However, this morning I was proved wrong. All parties involved can feel equally awkward.

I waved at the security guard as I walked in to work {we are total buds since The Fall}, and some innocent idiot bystander waved at me so awkwardly.

"ohhh, heyyyyyy???"

The look of confusion she gave me made me laugh. And then I felt awkward because she thought I was just an overzealous loser with no friends who just waves at strangers and loves life at all times.

I don't want to be that girl. I have friends. Swear. Friends like the security guard, for example. We're total pals.

3 comments:

Kari Mac said...

hahahahaha! that happened to me last week at Brooke's soccer practice. One of her teammates waved at me from the soccer field, so I waved back, and the coach (who I have a TOTAL crush on, yet he thinks I'm completely crazy based on a series of emabarassing situations) thought i was waving at him, so he waved at me. I really hope he realized I wasn't waving at him, otherwise he'd get to add another tally to the "Brooke's 'sister' is crazy" count.

Shannon said...

A picture of me in some sort of awkward embrace would have totally set this post off! Because let's face it...we all know my issues with huggin.

See you soon!!

Shannon said...

A picture of me in some sort of awkward embrace would have totally set this post off! Because let's face it...we all know my issues with huggin.

See you soon!!