Monday, June 28, 2010

Work Woes


I wish I could say I haven't posted in over a week because my life was full of exciting, fun things.

But that is not the case.

Quite the opposite actually. I have been spending a lot of time thinking and wishing I was doing fun things.

Tomorrow marks my 1 year anniversary at work, and I can't help but be bothered by the fact that I am not anywhere near where I thought I would be. I still have hardly any friends in the area, am still exhausted by a week of working, and have yet to get myself on a healthy schedule of eating and working out.

However, tonight was our last "new hire" event at work. We went to the baseball game and it was such a relief to hang out and spend time with a big group of people my age. We laughed and laughed. Drank beer. A lot. And ate even more. The best part was that it was all F-R-E-E.

Tonight served as a reminder that I am still so young. Although it is hard to relate to the group of old married men that I work with, there are definitely people my age going through the same struggles as me at work. What a refreshing thought!

This was also a reminder that I need to continue to put myself in vulnerable positions. Although the walk to the event all alone was completely uncomfortable, I'm so glad I went. 

I am going to try to get back my "new girl zeal" and try joining more activities and clubs again ~ from running to Junior League, surely there is someone out there just waiting to meet a friend like me.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Oh look at you, I'm so proud of you! haha. But seriously, you've got a great attitude about it all. Good luck my friend!

MJ said...

Who wouldn't want a friend like you?

Krista said...

You may not be where you "thought you'd be", but think of all you've accomplished and how much you've grown! You are totally self sufficient (and that's a big deal for girls like us :), you're okay living alone (hello! HUGE) although you have a roomie now, and you're exceling at an impressive first job! You may not have the social life you want yet but you've also ONLY been here a year. That's not that long with everything else that has changed in your life. Get out there again, there are certainly others like you...and tons at work alone, like you saw last night! love you!

Shannon said...

Love you girl! Can't wait to see you this weekend!! I'm so excited!! :)