Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daddy's Girl


There is no one in the world I look up to more than my father.


From our hour long nightly routine as a kid including bathtub games and "Simon Says" on Tony's bed to playing cards in our temporary apartment when we had no friends in a strange new city.

From listening to your random made up goodnight stories to you listening to my daily "ups and downs."

From Friday nights at Red Robin and TGI Fridays with family and friends to regular lunch dates at Panera.

From shopping at JC Penny and Gap where I first established my sense of "fashion" {hello spandex shorts and ugly red and white striped boy tops} to trips to "my" jeweler together and outfit advice before a date {although the outfit advice happens more regularly than the dates}

From being terribly embarrassed by your singing and dancing in all public places to accompanying you in a terrible green rental jacket at Keeneland.

From the very beginning of my childhood, through awkward teenage years, and through my struggles with young adulthood, you have always been there. Not only that ~ you understand and relate to me at every age. 
It amazes me that you somehow manage to always have the best advice or the perfect one-liner to make me smile. 

I would not be the person I am today without your guidance, wisdom, and influence.

I love you, Dad. You truly are my best friend. 

For all of these reasons and more,

Happy Birthday!

I can't wait to celebrate {all the wonderfulness of YOU} together this weekend!

0 comments: