Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Reason to Celebrate


I am officially all settled into the new condo. I love it.

Our older neighbor, Doris, already gave us a tour of her place and welcomed us to the neighborhood with a beautiful pot of flowers. She is nothing short of adorable. And slightly nosy, but that makes her even more cute. If she went to college, I have no doubt she would have been a total sorority girl. She had on a polo sweater yesterday and she can gossip as good as the next.

I also love all the space we have. I have the master bedroom with two closets and an attached bath. Loves it!

And having someone to relax and get my mind off work in the evenings is so enjoyable.

Tonight me, my roommate, and a friend all went to Qdoba for dinner to "celebrate" Cinco de Mayo and then we came home to have dessert on our screened in porch {another thing I am totally loving}.

I'm sure many of you don't realize this, but Cinco de Mayo is not actually celebrated in Mexico. This was told to me by a Mexican at work. And then confirmed by a Venezuelan on my team.

Therefore, it was totally appropriate for us to celebrate this fake Mexican holiday with fake Mexican cuisine. Either way, it was Delish.

Pictures of the new place to come soon...including the AstroTurf adorable patio.

Happy Cinco de Mayo - or Happy Hump Day - whichever is more meaningful to you :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! So excited for you! Can't wait to see pics. Hopefully I will see you this weekend! Love you girl :)

Chelsea said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're loving it! I've got to come over sometime to see it! Post pics soon!!