Monday, May 24, 2010

weekend warrior


This weekend was pretty fabulous. 

I definitely made use of my time and took full advantage of my days off. I love that feeling.

I got to spend time with family on Saturday ~ so happy to see my grandparents and show them around my new city {I use the term "new" lightly as somehow I've survived here for nearly a YEAR! Wow!}.

My brother succeeded in cracking me up while he was here and my grandma shared the same relentless sweet tooth that I have, thereby convincing the whole family to snag some Graeters. Delish.

Sunday was a perfect, productive, relaxing day. Woke up and the roommate and I ate breakfast on the screened in porch in beautiful weather. Went on an hour long jog. Established a base sunburn. Lunch again on the patio. Pool time. Severe sunburn. Good book. Old lady gossip. New sandals. Dinner out. All followed by a night in freshly laundered sheets.

My Monday was not so fab. My car is now in the shop after driving to and from work with a death grip on the steering wheel. 

For some reason the vibrating gas petal, backfiring engine, and flashing emergency lights in my dashboard made me feel as though my life was in danger. And now I'm back to 15 year old status ~ bumming rides and calling for a lift.

The worst part is the price tag of this repair. I already have an $88 bill and that was before they even looked at the car!

2 comments:

Kari Mac said...

take my method of avoiding car repairs... just buy a new one! bahaha!

glad you had such a fun weekend! i hear i'll get to see you the next one, can't wait! :)

Krista said...

ahh, so you're car really bit it! well i'm optimistic it will be done before our big friday plans...i am not so optimistic about the bill total though. :(

Glad you had a nice weekend!! See you soon.