Thursday, May 13, 2010

Talbot in Training


This past Saturday I ventured into Talbots to buy my mom's fabuloso Mother's Day gift.

My confidence was already pretty high because I got compliments on my dress that happens to be from last year in Starbucks, Joseph Beth, and a little boutique down the road all prior to my Talbot's experience. However, Talbots made me feel even more like a super model. Literally.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhXoz4wndxr2jBGLqEMxe_iMN8NAQxsnam-nx2me26XJnZBd4MOPntNRkXFeojE06ZpundT-hRa1OClUW5W9-IyUWSdIoFfXULVx1rRiDbsPgTJx7o-Te9OWsIZeUj141yK9CgyXzxbux8/s320/Lilly+Pulitzer+Marcella+Tunic+Dress+paisley.jpg
 Lilly Pulitzer Marcella Tunic Dress

An adorable 50ish year old lady helped me select the perfect gift for my mom based on all the descriptions I gave her. She even allowed encouraged me to indulge in some jewelry for myself after I was so impressed with the store's new selection. Their stuff was a lot trendier and looks like it is suitable for a much younger audience than I envisioned. It was all what I would describe as perfect work appropriate attire.

However, I snagged these cute jewelry pieces...no work attire here. Instead, I went for totally frivolous items that cannot be worn in the office. Too bad I don't really have a social life.

Cabochon bead ring


By the end of my time in the store, I received a business card from the store manager and an invitation to "call her for drinks" as well as an invite from the associate who helped me asking if I would be interested in modeling in their store fashion shows. HA!

I had a little laugh to myself as I left the store. Who would have ever thought I'd walk out of there with a potential new career confidence booster? But, I'm totally doing it! The shows are on Saturday's and there are definite incentives...and possibly new friends waiting to meet me!

Then, today in the mail I got a handwritten letter from my new 50 year old associate friend saying what a pleasure it was to meet and work with me. And that she'll be contacting my agent me soon about the fashion show details. 


So random but I can't wait! :)

3 comments:

TraciMattMabel said...

Amy- I am so glad you found my blog because I have no idea how to find anyone! I am so new at this and I am constantly asking Cassie S. Rice for help! Matt and I are living in Fort Mitchell which is about 5 minutes from downtown. I am over in HP frequently with Junior League. Would love to get dinner with you. Let's make the plans!

Mrs. Rice said...

AMY- You are not alone. I too LOVE Talbot's! In fact I worked there for two years in High School! They have amazing clothes and some people would be suprised to find out that in 2004 they changes their demographic from 40+ to 25+ and they have been working really hard at making the store more "hip". When I worked there they even put a Will Smith song on their sound track!
Also thanks so much for your kind words the other day. I really appreciate it!
Miss you
Cassie R.

Casey said...

Hahaha this story is awesome!! You WOULD walk into a store and leave with a new bestie.

love it!