Monday, May 10, 2010

Unlocked In


In the 10 days I have been in the new condo, I have somehow managed to put my life in danger multiple times already. 

I come home to an empty condo, securely lock the door, do a quick check for anything out of place, and sit {in silence since we don't have cable yet} while waiting for my roommate to get home.

Upon her coming home, she has on multiple occasions, brought my keys in with her as she enters.

Apparently I cannot remember to take them out of the door lock when I come home. Why do I even lock the door? How hypocritical of me!

3 comments:

Krista said...

ahhh! I just did that the other weekend! I came home late, was home alone all night, even got out of bed and checked the door again, only to have Southern Charm bring my keys in with her when she got here the next morning!!

So scary. Yes, robbers and creepy neighbors, just walk in, take what you want, oh, and take my car too!!

I've learned my lesson with that. Never again.

MJ said...

Haha I've done the same thing at least twice this year! Came home, locked the door, only to have Andrew come over and walk in with my keys in hand with that "I worry about you because you might be losing your mind" look.

Anonymous said...

Ok, one time kinda funny, distracted, absent-minded, have a lot on your mind. But multiple times, now you are scaring me. Maybe you need to put a rubberband on your wrist so you could snap it when you drive up to associate with your keys. Or maybe just put a sticky note on your door to remind you. Better yet, maybe I need to make a wreath or plaque to hang on your door to remind you. Oh the worry. Love you, Mom