Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Workin' for the Weekends


Welp, I've kept my face off the lobby floor so far this week, so not much exciting to report here except...
  • I had a fabulous long weekend - patio "lunching" with a friend {and also alone on Sunday}, sleepovers {two!}, Keeneland, and even some shopping.
  • I spent the night at a friend's house on Friday night. We woke up bright and early {we're talking before 7:30 on a Saturday!} to try a well-known breakfast joint in her hometown. It. was. to. die. for.
I love me some pancakes, and I don't eat them often enough!

Here we are waiting outside the restaurant because we got there before it opened. Oh hiiii, dorks! :)
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful scenery around our neighborhood. I think the trees that line our streets are simply gorgeous. 

  • The Easter bunny did good as always ~ so excited about new makeup and LOTS of candy! :) At work, we've reached the consensus that Easter baskets {and other childish holiday traditions} are acceptable from my parents until I am married...which at this rate, could be a while...
  • I cannot contain my excitement for this upcoming weekend ~ Dad comes in town! Tony turns the big 2-1! College alumnae reunion at Keeneland! Celebration on Saturday night! My first Crossfit Experience! Bahhh so much to look forward to!
  • A new season of "Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood" started last night...freakin' love this show. I would marry Dean. But I also love Tori, so I won't do that to my girl.

 
{presh pic found here}
  • I began packing my lunch this week...well, today. So far, so good. We'll see how long this habit lasts.
  • With plans every night this week, it is going by pretty fast so far ~ hopefully we don't get drowned out of the baseball game tomorrow night!
I warned you this would be a boring post...but now off to bed. Here's to hoping I only "snooze" 35 minutes in the morning. Baby steps. Nighty night!

6 comments:

Kari Mac said...

did i hear a rumor that tori and dean split up??

MJ said...

I'm so impressed with your proper use of "alumnae." Seriously! It's a pet peeve of mine...haha.

Also -- I only snoozed 15 minutes this morning :)

Chelsea said...

SO glad you had such a fantastic weekend!! I'm obsessed with Home Sweet Hollywood too!! I love Tori!! I love her books!

MIML said...

kmac ~ yes but it was just a rumor apparently. this season is supposedly full of lots of drama as they work through their problems. still think they are adorable :)

meg ~ thanks! and i snoozed a solid 50 minutes. your 15 is darn impressive!

chels ~ i'll have to read her books! do you have them?!

Maggie said...

I've read one of her books and it was so good. I think Beth has it you should ask her. Also, I love that show too, but I get annoyed because all she talks about is how much she works and they have no time together. I feel like the past seasons have been about the same thing. Regardless I still watch it and think it is adorable.

Anthony said...

Ummm...been married for almost three years and still get easter baskets as well as wake up to presents under a tree on Christmas morning haha...heck, sarah and greg got their own kid and my mom still gives them easter baskets.