Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Buckwheat!


I am in shock - my little brother turns 21 today! 
This little munchkin is officially legal!


 I am so thankful that in him I had a nonstop buddy growing up.

I am thankful that my tutu-wearing dance partner and easy bake oven chef did not turn out totally scarred from too much "girl time."

I am thankful for the many nights of trampoline dodgeball and "nightgames" we enjoyed together.

And for the laughs I got from him running around the house naked whenever we had a babysitter {I have no doubt we were the most difficult children to watch. ever.}

I love his subtle sense of humor that always surprises me and totally cracks me up. 

Even as a kid he was hilarious ~ When riding in public elevators, Tony would collapse to the ground when the elevator stopped at a certain floor. The shock on the innocent bystanders' faces was priceless. And so was the look of embarrassment on my mother's :)

I admire his athleticism ~ from rollerblading down our big, steep driveway to impressing everyone on his snowboard at the age of 4 to being a total soccer stud throughout high school and college, Tony has always had the sports gene {apparently this gene totally missed me}.

I am thankful for the friendship we had in each other during difficult moves and big life changes. 

I love that he respects my opinion and comes to me for advice. 

I enjoy watching him grow and mature. He is capable of so much more than he realizes, and it is fun to watch him find his own strengths.

I find comfort knowing that this boy would do anything for me, and I would do the same in an instant. Just thinking of him suffering breaks my heart because I wish him a life full of happiness.
Although our lives are constantly changing, I will always be your lifelong friend and protective older sister. I love you. You deserve the best.



Happy 21st Birthday, Tony!!! :)

2 comments:

Tony Spero said...

Amy, thank you so much for this. You're amazing! I love you.

Anthony said...

sweet sister