Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Big Apple


I am getting so excited I cannot contain myself!

On Thursday I leave with KariMac for my first trip to 
NEW YORK CITY.
The Statue of Liberty New York Harbor
File:Times Square 1-2.JPG

View of the Midtown Manhattan skyline, looking north from the Empire State Building
All images from Wikipedia

The best part of it all ~ we found flights for $38 (!!!) and we are staying with one of Kari's gracious friends who is lucky enough to live in the city. I can't wait to meet her and her hubby in person after possibly stalking and being completely jealous of her blog.

Visiting this city has seriously always been on my "bucket list." Dad grew up in the Bronx, and I have always wanted to see more of his 'hood.

So far, we have a tour of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island scheduled {so cool because I think my grandparents came through Ellis Island from Italy}, tickets to the Broadway musical "In the Heights," a possible bus tour in the works, a visit to Amy Poehler's comedy club {I secretly LOVE comedy shows ~ and we may or may not be wishing for a surprise guest appearance by the owner}, and many many wonderful food joints in mind.

I will be sure to take lots of pictures.
If any of you have been to NYC and have recommendations for while I'm there, please do share!

For now, I'm working working working like crazy to get things finished so I can catch my flight in just two short days!

8 comments:

krista said...

So fun! You all will have a blast, I'm so jealous! You should ask Miss Camille for some suggestions...she loves that city.

What about the Sex and the City stuff...

Maggie said...

best city in the world! i love that place and i promise you will LOVE the play it was so good. have so much fun and i can't wait to hear about it.

MJ said...

I'm sooo jealous!!! You're going to have so much fun. Where did you find such cheap flights?!? And which blog have you been stalking?

Shannon said...

Yay! It's so much fun! Do the NBC studio tour and eat at Ollie's Noodle Shop. It's on Broadway so you can catch it before the musical! Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, I know you will have lots of fun. You will be in awe of how big and bustling New York City is, I know I was when we went there. Don't forget to walk through Central Park and maybe get a hot dog or pretzel from a street vendor. You could always go to the top of the Empire State Building too and get a different view. I wouldn't recommend actually going to the Bronx though, it is so not like it was when Dad grew up there - scary. Love you, Mom

Unknown said...

Get a black and white cookie at Roxy's in Times Square ;)

MIML said...

yay!! thanks for all the wonderful ideas and comments ~ they have been further fueling my excitement!! :)

meg ~ you know kari is the bomb at finding deals...and the blog is linked in the post (and also in my blog reader under "do the hustle") :)

Joyfully His said...

I am totally jealous of this trip! You all will have so much fun...say hi to Matt and Hoda for me!