Friday, January 29, 2010

What a Week!


My Miserable Schedule this week:

Monday - Office 7-7:15, gym, dinner, workworkworksleep
Tuesday - Work 7-8:30, Dinner at 9, Gear up the laptop and work til 12:30
Wednesday - Work 6:30-7:15, Dinner, Suffer through more work, Sleep at 12
Thursday - Work 6:30-7:15, {quick} date, work until 11:45
Friday - Work 8-6, Happy Hour, completely CRASH

I'm so exhausted. Now I am focusing on relaxing. And gearing up for a fun day in the office with the boss on Sunday...Grr. Is it March yet? I can't keep this up much longer...And I'm pretty sure if I calculated it, my salary would equal about 62 cents/hour at this point.

However, by continuing to focus on the positive I am actually feeling pretty happy

The good stuff:
  • The guys at work have been cracking me up lately. We are a random bunch...the token black guy, the 23 year old klutz {me}, the brainy Harvard grad, the white Republican, and the mexican. Our differences teach me so much, and I appreciate the humor that each individual brings to the group.
  • Somehow I forgot to bring money to the cafeteria twice this week when I went down to grab lunch...distracted a little I guess. Luckily, random guys in line behind me offered to buy my lunch for me. How kind :)
  • I went on a really fun date last night! It made me realize a) I don't really have a social life, b) I miss feeling wanted, and c) I still have a passion for BBQ Chicken Pizza. He also reminded me that I am still young, and work is not my entire life.
  • I get to sleep in tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I might also treat myself to some retail therapy.
Life is what you make it, so I'm choosing to focus on the good stuff!

0 comments: