Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wine Tasting


So, this post is going to be very fast because I have at least 3 more hours of work ahead of me for tonight {can you say week from hell?}. I have been working no less than 14 hours a day. Plain awful.

Anyway, tomorrow there is a new hire event {first I've been invited to in my 6 1/2 months with the company..better late than never ;) } and it is a wine tasting. Everyone brings two bottles of the same type of wine - one is used for tasting and the other is given to whoever's bottle of wine gets the most votes. Read: A lot of FREE wine to the winner!!

Now the question is what to bring....Franzia doesn't come in bottles...so I guess it will be "2 Buck Chuck" from Trader Joes {although the price has now increased to $3.79}. Does anyone have other suggestions before I embarrass myself at this event!?

Ok, back to work...ahhhh, I don't want to! But tomorrow is Friday, thank goodness.

3 comments:

MJ said...

I don't know if you are a red wine fan or not. As you know, I typically stick to my Reisling or other sweet whites. But over Christmas my aunt got me hooked on a red -- Malbec. (I think it's Argentinian, described as "robust flavors of black plum, vanilla, toasty oak and baking spices.") Acordeon, Altos Las Hormigas and Trapiche "Oak Cast" are some brands I've heard of that are under $11. Just a suggestion. And if you win, I expect to be invited up for a wine night!

Kari Mac said...

There's a brand from Wal Mart called Turning Leaf (or something like that) it's like $3. Nonnie and Dick took it to a wine tasting party and it won! At the party they went to all the bottles were put in brown paper sacks so no one would know how nice of a bottle it was or wasn't. So tricky!!! Sounds like a fun party!! Hope you make lots of friends!

krista said...

Fun Amy! At least this terrible week will end with something fun, including wine! :)