Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bomb dot com recipe


I enjoyed catching up with a friend from high school and his wife on Saturday night over dinner. They live on the other side of town, and we do not see each other often enough. They are very generous and I always love spending time with them.

For dinner, I made simple Chicken Fajitas and Beef Tacos. I also made homemade Corn and Black Bean Salsa {thanks KB for the wizard chopper that made this task SOO easy!} from a sorority house recipe. I am obsessed with this salsa {I may or may not have had chips and leftover salsa for lunch today}:

1 yellow, red, and green pepper (chopped small)
1/2 cup diced (real small) red onion
1 pkg green shoepeg corn (thawed)
1 15-oz can drained black beans
1 clove garlic (minced)
1 tsp cilantro
1/2 cup olive oil
5 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. lime juice (2T real lime)
fresh ground pepper (or 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper)
salt to taste

Top this meal off with Ghiradelli brownies {thank you, Chelsea} and great conversation, and it made for a wonderful evening! :)

1 comments:

Anthony said...

Yeah! we loved it too...we can vouch for this awesome recipe. good to see you again Ames, we need to do it more often.