Monday, August 9, 2010

cooking fresh


I was sweating standing still today after work as I was waiting for the shuttle to pick me up and drive me back to the parking garage {note: was waiting for the shuttle because I didn't want to walk and get sweaty. fail.}, and that is when I decided I absolutely can't take this hot hot weather much longer. Ugh.

So, I came home and made a light, fresh dinner in an attempt to "embrace" the August heat.

Now let me share because I think it is delicious...

"EVOO" Pasta
Cook desired amount of pasta - I used whole wheat.
Rinse cooked noodles in cold water to cool.
Spray olive oil over noodles {or pour if you don't have a handy mister like I do - thanks KB}.
Chop fresh tomato and avocado and add to pasta.
Season with Dried Basil, Oregano, Lemon Pepper {generous amount - I love this stuff}, and sea salt to taste. 
Mangia, mangia!

This pasta dish is so easy, and tastes so light and fresh even in this summer weather.

Try it! I think you'll like it!

3 comments:

Kari Mac said...

sure does beat my dinner last night of mashed potatoes, grapes, and carrots!

Krista said...

bahaha! KARI! thats hilarious...but the pasta sounds good. I think I'll try it! I won't need to make 2 trips to the grocery or cook meat I can't identify (is it ham...or pork...wait, its all pork! what!) haha

MJ said...

You know my obsession with pasta and all things noodle -- I do believe I'll have to give this one a try!