Sunday, September 26, 2010

a subtle reminder.


Feeling terribly sick makes me appreciate my good health even more.

Feeling lonely makes me more thankful for my loving network of friends.

Feeling homesick makes me grateful for a comforting home I can return to.

Feeling lazy and lethargic makes me feel proud of all that I can accomplish when I feel well.

It is easy to take for granted all the blessings in your life, until they are missing. I spent the weekend ill on the couch, hibernating for days. Being sick is a great excuse for taking time to rest and ignore the stresses of the outside world.

Instead of dwelling on the "downs" of this weekend, I am choosing to view them as a reminder of how fortunate I am to know the difference...for some may not even know what it is like to miss the better option.

0 comments: