Wednesday, September 8, 2010

older, wiser...and still have a lot to learn!


Cincinnati - Cincinnati Skyline

I am on a committee at work that welcomes and serves as a resource for new hires at the company.

Tonight we hosted our first event - a rooftop BBQ. The weather was gorgeous, the attendance was great, and the food was delicious.

However, I am shocked that I am now the "mentor" to these new hires. 

They all looks so so little. And were so wide-eyed and nervous. Where did the last year go?! That was me just a short time ago!

And yet, at the same time, the event was hosted in a part of town where I have never been. I socialized with more people my age than I have during my entire year of work.

There is so much to offer in this city and I feel like I am just now getting my feet wet. And that is exciting. I'm really starting to enjoy it here.

I can't wait to explore new things with these new friends. And at the same time I am enjoying venturing out with old friends more than ever. 

Cheers to great friends - new and old - and memorable experiences!

1 comments:

Joyfully His said...

Yay! I am glad it went well! Ready for our "kidnapping" this weekend?