Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Master


Being that I had no 4th of July plans {unless you consider watching "Leap Year" alone plans...}, I was up bright and early on Monday for a productive day off!

Among several cute summer dresses, I also made some decorative purchases for my bedroom. Ta-da!


I love how spacious my new room is. I love that I have two full closets ~ one for pants and one for tops. I love that it has a bathroom connected, and two big windows to let in sunshine.


I love the way the curtains and the pictures I hung above my bed make the room finally look finished. I really wanted the pictures printed in that "Sephia" color, but Kinkos acted like it was impossible just to print 12x12" in black and white, so I knew that fanciness wasn't going to fly. I may try watercoloring or doing some type of wash, but there's a high chance I will mess that up trying. 


I was excited about this vase-type thing I got as well. I am loving the neutral colors ~ khaki and beiges. I guess this is proof that I am my dad's daughter. Their whole darn house is earth tones.

What do you think? Any suggestions on the framed artwork?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE it. If that P&G thing doesn't work out maybe you could become a decorator! Would you be mad if I kind of copied cause I'm finally getting tired of that crazy purple quilt thing :)

Krista said...

Cute Amy!! Love the new decorations! and I thought Leap Year was sooo cute, hope you liked it too.
Did you get a desk for your room?

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at the pics cause its looks so good. What do you think of a small rug or two to bring that reddish color and other colors down to the floor - just a thought.

MIML said...

Thanks!! :)

Rugs aren't a bad idea...no desk yet, that's a more expensive investment Haha but i do still want one! Just haven't seen one I love!

MJ said...

So cute! You did a great job. I might have to have you do my next room :)

Casey said...

Nice! You're bedroom is definitely the size of my whole apartment--and you know it! :)

It's so adorable. I love the lamp. and the curtains. and your pillows. and your HUGE closets. it's all so lovely!

Anonymous said...

love it, but it's a big room, so make sure the sheets cover the neck when you go to bed

Chelsea said...

Too cute! What a difference!!