Monday, October 11, 2010

mmmm mexican.


In general, I do not enjoy Mexican food. Not even a little.

However, the below recipe has become a stable at our place. And I actually develop cravings for it. Try it, you'll see what I'm talking about...

Chicken Burritos

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
2 cans chicken (I use frozen chicken cooked on the George Foreman)
1 pkg frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 can fried onions (I skip the calories here...)
1 tomato, chopped
3/4 cup sour cream (I use nonfat, and it turns out fine)
1/2 cup scallions
6-8 tortillas

Combine soup, sour cream and milk and set aside.
Combine chicken, broccoli, half of the cheese, half can of fried onions and scallions.
Stir in 3/4 cup of soup mixture, and spoon into tortillas, roll up, place in baking pan.
Put tomatoes into remaining sauce and pour on top of filled burritos.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Top with remaining cheese and onions and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes.
Try to avoid eating more than one! :)

3 comments:

Kari Mac said...

Yum yum! Will have to try this one! Did you ever determine the perfect bake time for reheating frozen ones?

Joyfully His said...

Is this what your mom made us after spring break? Because those are the bomb! Thanks for sharing :) I will have to start putting some recipes up as well...let me know if there are any in particular you want.

TraciMattMabel said...

You like Nada!!! Can we have another date there soon?? Or Via Vite...