Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Year in Review & Welcome the New


A new year is upon us, so it is only fitting to recap all that happened in 2009.

What an eventful year!

I started 2009 with my best friends from college, lived in the ever-entertaining sorority house with the company of 45 other wonderful women where I had every meal prepared for me, went to class about 8 hours a week and spent the rest of the week goofing off. I did spring break, bar crawls, and date parties with grace.

In May, I finally graduated with a degree in Finance {yipee!}. In June I moved to the big city {to live in a newly furnished apartment, thanks to graduation money}. In July I was blessed to start a great full time job. In October dad moved 100s of miles away {hard for a daddy's girl to handle}. Essentially, my life has seen a lot of change.

I now live alone in a 1 bedroom apartment. I have learned to shower, sleep, and live on my own without letting my imagination {or loneliness} get the best of me {with the exception of the occasional nightmare or pitty party ~ it happens}. I am learning to cook and be independent. I am gradually meeting new people and exploring the town. I am learning more than I could have ever imagined at work. I am officially acting like an adult.

Reflecting on how much things have changed and how much I have grown in 2009, I can only imagine where I will be a year from now. 

In 2010, I hope to:
  • Continue to meet new people and make the new city feel like home. I want to be more open to new things. Even though something or someone is different, that is ok.
  • Create a better work-life balance {thus also supporting the aforementioned goal} while also learning and growing in my job.
  • Start living a healthier lifestyle. I want to continue working out regularly, but "change" can no longer be my excuse for not eating healthy 
I have learned so much about myself this year, and I hope to begin finding what truly makes me happy in the new year. This year has been full of good times, but has also been very, very challenging. I will continue to focus on the positive, and with that I know 2010 will be outstanding!

This has been a year of change {excuse the cliche Obama catch phrase} for many of us!  What is your favorite memory from 2009, and what would you like to change in 2010?

0 comments: